usleep from coreutils != usleep from redhat

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Thu Oct 30 20:40:12 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 17:05, Terry Chan wrote:
> Never mind, I see now the usleep patch to coreutils that you are referring to.
> All of my coreutils were compiled before sofar added the usleep patch.
>
> Maybe as sofar why he felt it was necessary to patch coreutils?  I've been
> running for a half-year with no usleep and haven't noticed it yet.

I was in dire need for a shell-callable usleep(). Since usleep is a
plain glibc call, much like sleep(), I thought I just hook it up. After
I failed to code it myself (got stuck in &*->[] C code) someone else
submitted a patch to the mailing list.

in short, I felt really good after adding that patch. Oh, you have been
running it almost since the beginning of coreutils, since the usleep
patch before coreutils was in one of the previous components of that
module, and I'm the last one die slapende honden wakker maakt ;^)

sofar

--
Auke Kok <sofar at lunar-linux.org>