Kernel-headers module and glibc mod changes

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at lunar-linux.org
Thu Oct 9 14:00:22 GMT 2003

Hi elaine,

I'm a bit confused. This works a bit different than I expected.

In your new modules you copy the headers from /usr/src/linux after
recompiling glibc. This is what niki proposed in the meeting.

It is also, I believe, what was rejected in favour of a more static
approach to kernel headers, to avoid relying on the kernel-du-jour and
the /usr/src/linux symlink that can point anywhere.

As I understood it, the idea was to create a static kernel header
package, based on the ISO kernel (2.4.22) and keep that package until we
are ready to move to 2.6 headers.

Please tell me if I'm wrong.

	Jasper

PS
The module looks good, BTW. I'm sure it will work without problems.