Kernel-headers module and glibc mod changes

elaine at fwsystems.com elaine at fwsystems.com
Thu Oct 9 02:12:59 GMT 2003

I've tested this code on two systems, and I think it's both simple and
unlikely to have other impact.

However, because this will change our 'way of operating' (removing
the asm and linux symlinks from /usr/include) here it is for review.

One choice I've made, which I beleive is valid but may want review
is to not distinguish between differing lunar kernel versions, by
using:

uname -r | sed 's/[-a-z].*//' -- this is intended to strip the
EXTRAVERSION label, leaving only the base kernel version.

I think this is the best choice at least until we have consistent
naming between kernel modules and the extraversion string, but
it's also easy enogh to change.

module tarballs and all of the new/changed files can be found at

http://thing.fwsystems.com/build/lunar/libc/

see the glibc/BUILD file ca line 120 and the new POST_INSTALL
for the glibc changes.

Goodbye kernel symlinks.

elaine