initscripts: font fix && modules

nestu nestu at lunar-linux.org
Thu Nov 6 14:05:55 GMT 2003

Hi ;)
a ) fonts: rc.sysinit has erroneously /bin/loadkeys and not
/usr/bin/loadkeys as Lunar has, so:

	if [ "$CONSOLETYPE" = "vt" -a -x /bin/loadkeys ]; then

has to be changed to

	if [ "$CONSOLETYPE" = "vt" -a -x /usr/bin/loadkeys ]; then

As a side note, to get stuff working as before the new
initscripts, and after changing the loadkeys path in
rc.sysinit, I set (in my case spanish environment):

	* /etc/sysconfig/keyboard: export KEYMAP=es
	that will (in my case) do "loadkeys es" when I see "Loading
default keymap" on boot.

	* /etc/sysconfig/i18n: export SYSFONT=lat0-16
	that will run (in my case) "consolechars -f lat0-16",
echoing "Setting default font" boot msg.

b ) Why is /etc/modules left out of new installs? In
modutils' POST_INSTALL we still get a message to use this
file (for non new initscripts users, I suppose). It has been
now disabled by the not install of a init.d/modutils file
from module-init-tools or modutils. That init.d/modutil file
cycled through /etc/modules modprobing all listed modules.
This file used to be installed, and linked from
/etc/rcS.d/S20modutils, so it was executed on boot. Should
we now only use an alias from /etc/modules.conf, like for
example as done in /etc/rc.sysinit for sound? What if we
want to load a module that is not loaded specifically in
rc.sysinit ?

TIA,
nestu ;)))
--
Lunar Linux		http://www.lunar-linux.org
XFce Desktop		http://www.xfce.org

QOT?:
<Veerappan> also, i'm upset.  my roommate's treadmill is too
short.
<Veerappan> another foot, and my bike would fit :)