Migrating to Linux Kernel 2.6

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at lunar-linux.org
Wed Nov 5 14:02:35 GMT 2003

Op wo 05-11-2003, om 09:39 schreef Jasper Huijsmans:
> Op wo 05-11-2003, om 09:26 schreef Jasper Huijsmans:
> > I still get the usb errors (I also don't have usbkbd or usbmouse), so
> > I'll have to investigate further.
> >

> Ok, I found these modules. They are unneeded for anything but embedded
> systems, it seems. The kernel config menu strongly advices to say N to
> these. So, I think I'll just remove those lines.
>
> I could add a variable to /etc/sysconfig/init, say USB_HID_BOOTPROTO, to
> allow people to use these modules if they somehow require them. What do
> you think?

Crap! It works fine, but I still get the original mousedev error, from
the hotplug scripts! Using menuconfig I can't find how to include
mousedev as a module. .config shows CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=Y.

Solution (read: hack): add 'install mousedev :' to /etc/modprobe.conf .
bleh.

Still, I believe the initscript changes are correct.

	Jasper