Privacy policy version 2

ratler at lunar-linux.org ratler at lunar-linux.org
Tue Jul 15 13:37:20 GMT 2003

(Last updated 15-July-2003)

It is in Lunar Linux interest to protect your privacy. This privacy
policy applies to all Lunar Linux related material such as Lunar
distribution, services and websites. This policy does not apply to
companies Lunar Linux does not own or control.

Outline
* What information do we collect
* How do we use the information collected
* Changes to our privacy policy
* Security
* Contact information

What information is collected from you

[ Anonymous information ] is information that can not be tracked back to
you as an individual. One example of this is, we know how many people
have downloaded our latest installation image, but we do not necessarily
know their names, address or phone number.
[ Personal Information ] is information such as name, location, e-mail
and phone number.

When you visit any of our websites our servers create routine access logs
which are used for optimizing site performance, and which contain
ip-address data. This data is not redistributed in any personally
identifiable form.

When users update the lunar database we create a unique identifier for
every client which is used for install base statistics.

We collect personally identifiable information on developers (technically
those with cvs commit).

What we do with the information

* Lunar Linux do not sell, share or rent any of the information to any
  third party
* Lunar Linux use the information to make Lunar Linux services better
* Lunar Linux does not disclose or use any personal information without
  your consent
* Lunar Linux (may or will) cooperate with law enforcement or subpoena as
  required by law

Changes to this privacy policy

This privacy policy may change over time so we encourage you to check
back now and then to get information about how we treat information we
get from you. All changes to this privacy policy will be announced on our
homepage.

Security

We take reasonable precautions for securing our servers against
intrusion.

Contact information

If you have any comments about our privacy policy you are welcome to send
them to us. If you believe Lunar Linux did not adhere to this privacy
policy, please contact Lunar Linux via e-mail.
[ insert contact info here ]