Privacy policy

ratler at lunar-linux.org ratler at lunar-linux.org
Tue Jul 15 12:57:17 GMT 2003

Ok here we go again, this time in txt format ;)

(Last updated 15-July-2003)

It is in Lunar Linux interest to protect your privacy. This privacy policy
apply to all Lunar Linux related material such as Lunar distribution,
services and websites. This policy does not apply to companies Lunar Linux
not own or control. Nor does it apply to people that Lunar Linux don't manage.

Outline

* What information do we collect
* How do we use the information collected
* Changes to our privacy policy
* Contact information

What information is collected from you

[ Anonymous information ] is information that can not be tracked back to
you as an individual. One example of this is, we know how many that have
downloaded our latest installation image, but we do not necessarily know
their names, address or phone number.
[ Personal Information ] ????????? (Do we have any real private stuff yet)?

When you visit any of our websites your web browser send some information
to Lunar Linux such as ip-address of the computer you are using, the last
visited web page or known as referrer and what browser version you are
using.

When using Lunar Linux tools (lin, lunar etc) your ip-address is logged
when downloading from our sites or Lunar Linux mirror. Lunar Linux also
log a hashed value of your network interface when running a lunar update,
used for install base statistics.

What we do with the information

* Lunar Linux does not sell, share or rent any of the information to non
  affiliated companies or people
* Lunar Linux use the information to make Lunar Linux services better
* Lunar Linux does not disclose or use any personal information without
  your consent
* Lunar Linux may distribute information to a third party, law enforcement
  agency, if a crime is suspected

Changes to this privacy policy

This privacy policy may change over time so we encourage you to check
back now and then to get information about how we treat information we
get from you. All changes to this privacy policy will be announced on our
homepage.

Contact information

If you have any comments about our privacy policy you are welcome to send
them to us. If you believe Lunar Linux did not adhere to this privacy
policy, please contact Lunar Linux via e-mail.
[ insert contact info here ]

END