openoffice-src module needs some testers

Nick Hudson nhudson at lunar-linux.org
Thu Aug 7 21:31:19 GMT 2003

Well I know some of you maynot like this but I added a openoffice-src
module to crater just now.  It will take the latest snapshot of 1.1RC3
apply some ximian patches and build for about ~20 hours maybe longer
depending on the box speed and ram.  If someone has some spare CPU time
please test the module.

Now the module is a bit weird as the OO.o env needs well they say it
needs a clean build env.  So it d/l and compiles gcc, binutils, and
j2sdk but it doesnt install them.  Well it doesnt compile j2sdk either,
but you get my point.  At the end you should have a nice OO.o install,
that will have gnome-vfs support along with AA fonts and nice new bitmap
images.  For those who havent seen the Ximian version of openoffice,
this is it.  Please let me have some feedback.  Truthfully I dont know
if it even needs to be added to moonbase.  Maybe I can take this and
make a binary out of it and we can use it as the openoffice-bin module
instead of the awful looking one put out by the OO.o team.  I dont know
yet thats why its in crater/x11-apps.

Nick