lin XOrg7 / xinit / twm / xterm / xclock

v4hn v4hn at lunar-linux.org
Sun Sep 28 13:07:23 CEST 2014

On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 12:46:06PM +0200, Duncan Gibson wrote:
> When I ran lin XOrg7 last night, I didn't say Yes to the optional depends
> on twm, xterm and xclock, and was subsequently unable to run startx

What exactly did you expect to happen? startx would have brought up
twm, but you don't have it around, right? If you didn't want that
to happen, you have to provide ~/.xinitrc to overwrite the system xinitrc.

> the xinitrc file had 'no' as the executable names where twm, xterm and
> xclock should be. I installed those and ran 'lin -rc xinit' to solve it.

Yeah, the "no" executables pretty much looks like a bug in the module...
On the other hand I'm not sure what we can improve here...
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc will be broken either way.

v4hn