Lunar Linux 1.7.0 (i686 & x86_64) ISO's released

Stefan Wold ratler at lunar-linux.org
Sat Oct 11 21:07:09 CEST 2014

Dear all,

You better believe it, the day you all have been waiting for has finally
arrived. The Lunar team proudly announce the final release of Lunar Linux
1.7.0 codename ‘Sinus Successus’.

Like the phoenix rising from the ashes Lunar Linux is back with a
vengeance; a lot of overhauling have been done all over the core tools,
packages, installer and the ISO-builder. Even though our journey to reach
this milestone have been a long one we hope that the changes and quality
improvements we’ve made was worth the wait. So what are you waiting for? Go
grab a copy of Lunar Linux while it is hot!

- The Lunar team

*New features in 1.7.0*

- Out with sysvinit (gasp!) in with systemd (wth?!)
- Kernel 3.16.3, gcc 4.9.1 and glibc 2.19
- Added support for btrfs filesystem
- Grub2 or lilo, pick your poison
- Improved installer
- Now with initrd support
- A bunch of updated modules!

Give us feedback through the bugtracker
<https://github.com/lunar-linux/lunar-iso/issues>. You can also inform us
directly on IRC <irc://irc.freenode.net/lunar> and via our mailing lists
<http://www.lunar-linux.org/mailing-lists/>.

*Download here:*

*ISO’s*

http://www.lunar-linux.org/lunar/lunar-1.7.0-i686.iso.xz