Speakup Revisited

Stefan Wold ratler at lunar-linux.org
Sat Oct 4 17:57:46 CEST 2014

Hi Hunter,

Unfortunately we have not been able to add support for Speakup or
eSpeakup to the CD/Installer as of yet. Our main focus have been all
about finalizing the new release that has been overdue for a couple of
years. We do love the idea of being accessible for blind and visually
impaired users though.Here's what I'll do, I'll add a feature ticket
about speakup support and it on our roadmap for the next release.
Possibly if the work required to enable speakup isn't to dire we might
be able to push out some experimental CD/Installer with speakup
enabled soon after our 1.7.0 release.

Considering that we know quite little about the needs it would be
great if you could give us a few hints what is important when it comes
to speakup and making the whole process as smooth as possible.

--
Sincerely
Stefan Wold