ISO Accessibility

Stefan Wold ratler at lunar-linux.org
Sat Apr 12 18:21:34 CEST 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 11:15 PM, v4hn <v4hn at lunar-linux.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 04:32:58PM -0400, Hunter Jozwiak wrote:
>> Hi all. Is there a speakup software speech module in the Lunar Linux
>> latest ISO? And if so, how to I activate it at boot time?
>
> Hey Hunter,
>
> I'm sorry, currently speakup is not directly shipped with lunar.
> You would have to reconfigure/-compile the kernel to get it.
> As far as I know no one ever asked for this before...
>
> Thanks for pointing this out!
>
> +1 for adding this to 1.7.0's default kernel.
>

> v4hn

Hi!

I believe speakup (talking lunar installer) is another beast, not sure
just throwing it on top of the current ISO would do anyone any good.
Though I have to admit I have very little experience with it. But I
believe a speakup enabled Lunar Linux probably deserves a special
release where it's enabled by default. I have no idea how much work
that would be required to make it happen, but I will certainly take a
look at it after our 1.7.0 release.

Sincerely
Stefan