R.I.P.

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Thu Sep 19 07:22:16 CEST 2013

On 09/18/2013 09:17 PM, Richard B. Pyne wrote:
> For all practical purposes, Lunar appears to be dead. There has not been
> a new install image for over three years and there is no practical way
> to either do a new install and update or to update existing system to a
> modern version of Linux using Lunar, so...
>
> Sadly, I am saying goodby to Lunar. As one who has been a faithful user
> of, and evangelist for, Lunar Linux. One who has tried to participate to
> the greatest degree time would allow, I find that I am left with no
> choice but to say Rest In Peace, Lunar.

Richard,

the new install image is currently under development. Therefore, you can
monitor the progress and test out the new images by following the
lunar-dev mailing list.

There have been 5 prerelease images so far in the last few months.

Please do not publicly announce the death of a project that you are not
a project lead or developer for.

I don't mind a quick "adieu" but you don't need to get all mellon collie
about it.

Thanks,

Auke