module xbmc (version 10.1)

marco van der grient mwgrient at telfort.nl
Tue May 8 20:28:54 CEST 2012

On 05/08/2012 08:07 PM, Auke Kok wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2012 at 04:18:12PM +0200, marco van der grient wrote:
>> Dear people, dear maintainer of Xbmc,
>>
>> I am trying to install module xbmcon a server I have build this weekend
>> with Lunar Linux. The bootstrap and configure process seems to be ok.
>> But make is giving an error:
>>
>> gcc: error: unrecognized option
>> '--soname,../../../../../system/players/dvdplayer/libdvdnav-x86_64-linux.so'
>> make[1]: ***
>> [../../../../../system/players/dvdplayer/libdvdnav-x86_64-linux.so] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>> `/usr/src/xbmc-10.1/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/libdvd'
>> make: *** [dvdpcodecs] Error 2
>> make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
>>
>> I have checked the internet, but could not find a proper solution for it.
>> Can someone point me in the right direction? Should I look into my gcc
>> or de xbmc module?
>>
>> And a request, speaking to the maintainer: any change there will be an
>> update to xbmc 11.0? I have succesfully build xbmc 11.0 eden by manual
>> install.
> xbmc's build is ... draconic, to say the least. But, I built 11-beta
> earlier myself. I'll see if I have time in a week or so to update
> the package in moonbase.
>
> Auke
Hi Auke, an upgrade of the module would be the best solution I guess. I
have changed the version number from 10.1 to 11.0, and It works for me:).

xbmc 10.1: Also I have discoverd that gcc is taking a new argument for
--soname, otherwise it fails to build. So in the Makefile I have changed
it to:
-Wl,--soname
And 10.1 builds fine.

The git-version of xbmc is also problematic, unfortunately. It is
complaining about hd space and other nonsense.
Marco