apache2 vs httpd

Bernd Kosmahl beko at duke.famkos.net
Sat Jun 30 13:38:02 CEST 2012

I like hat idea too.

Jean-Michel Bruenn <jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de> schrieb:

I still think httpd should be named apache2. Because httpd stands for
http daemon -> And there's not only apache2. In fact I'd rather like
to have httpd as some sort of alias for lighttpd, apache, and
whatever else http daemons we have in lunar linux.

Someone who lin's httpd should be asked WHICH httpd he/she wants.

But that's just my opinion.