apache2 vs httpd

Auke Kok auke at foo-projects.org
Sat Jun 30 07:25:46 CEST 2012

On 03/12/2012 02:12 PM, Richard B. Pyne wrote:
> Without considerable improvement, httpd should be moved to zbeta and
> apache2 should be moved back to www.
>
> The httpd module, on a clean install, will not produce a working install
> (does not activate module mod_slotmem_shm, required by the installed
> configuration). It does not properly activate optional configuration
> options such as WebDav, deflate Info, suexec, etc. It also does not
> configure properly for use with PHP.

tracked down the issue:

1) florin removed apache2 which was at 2.2.x

2) php5 doesn't RUN yet with 2.4.x (API breakage)

so, basically the removal forced you to go to httpd 2.4.x, which breaks
php5.

florin, please consider reverting httpd back to 2.2.22, so at least
people with php5 (which includes *me*) can run from moonbase again.

For now, I've tossed httpd-2.2.22 into my split moonbase.

Auke