help with lunar linux..

Christian Riggenbach criggenbach at magahugu.ch
Mon Jan 23 10:44:32 CET 2012

Hi

Am Montag 23 Januar 2012, 03.40:47 schrieb Saul Morquecho:
> Hello. About your message to install xproto, I mention what happens. I'm
> using a Live CD, mount the system partition and chroot into it to try to
> install xproto and I get the following: lin xproto: Checking dependencies
> for xproto Building util-macros version 1.16.0 Creating
> /var/log/lunar/compile/util-macros-1.16.0.bz2 ! Problem detected during
> BUILD /var/lib/lunar/moonbase/xorg7/util/util-macros/BUILD: line 2:
> /etc/profile.d/x11r7.rc: No such file or directory And I can not go there

This looks like a circular dependency thing: util-macros is a dependency of
xproto and wants to include x11r7.rc, but it is created dynamicaly in the
BUILD of xproto. As commented in the BUILD of xproto, the x11r7.rc is only
needed if you install X11 with a custom prefix. I don't do it, and mine is
empty. So a crude fix would be, that you create the file with touch and go on
with installing.

For the devs: The creation of x11r7.rc belongs to util-macros, as this is the
first place which includes it.

--
mit freundlichem Gruss

Christian Riggenbach