xorg-server mesa-lib

samuel samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 06:36:28 CET 2012

Zbiggy,

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 12:50 AM, Zbigniew Luszpinski <zbiggy at o2.pl> wrote:

> > > If there is bug which nobody fixed and it is reported few times on IRC
> > > someone should copy paste it on ML for those who have no time and
> > > possibility to stick on IRC (like me).
> >
> > sorry if this question might be rude but: Why don't you test your stuff?
> >
> > if i remember correct it's not the first time something broke. Just look
> > at it differently: If people are unable to test things properly, don't
> > update them.
>
> I always test what I commit on 3 machines (atom netbook kde desktop,
> phenon 4 core kde dektop, vmware virtual text mode lunar).

so that text mode lunar does have xorg installed already? IMHO the right
thing to do with critical modules is install them from fresh installs. Just
keep a fresh install (on a vm) handy, take a snapshot and run lunar update
when you update something criticial. Honestly that is what i did when i was
working on critical stuff in xorg.

> This mesa-lib
> problem appeared in one particular case: fresh install where there is no
> xorg yet and no mesa yet. The rude question is why nobody fixes what I
> commit if I fix what others commit? I do not ask questions who failed this
> or that time just fix. See git commits.

I would have... If you weren't faster :)

> have a nice day,

same to you.