rrdtool broken

Richard B. Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Thu Sep 29 18:14:15 CEST 2011

configure: WARNING:
* I could not find a working copy of pangocairo. Check config.log for
hints on why
   this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS
appropriately
   so that compiler and the linker can find libpangocairo-1.0 and its
header files. If
   you have not installed pangocairo, you can get it either from its
original home on

      http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/pango/1.17

   You can find also find an archive copy on

      http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/pub/libs

   The last tested version of pangocairo is 1.17.

        LIBS=-lcairo -lcairo -lcairo -lm  -lwrap -lcairo -lpng12
-lglib-2.0
    LDFLAGS= -s
   CPPFLAGS= -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/libpng12
-I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2
-I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include

checking for xmlParseFile in -lxml2... yes
checking libxml/parser.h usability... yes
checking libxml/parser.h presence... yes
checking for libxml/parser.h... yes
configure: error: Please fix the library issues listed above and try again.
Creating /var/log/lunar/compile/rrdtool-1.4.5.bz2
! Problem detected during BUILD

I have both pango and cairo installed