pkgconfig & glib-2

Richard B. Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Sat Nov 19 16:56:16 CET 2011

On 11/18/2011 10:57 PM, Auke Kok wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:11:19 -0700, "Richard B. Pyne"<rpyne at kinfolk.org>
> wrote:
>> Will someone please explain how to install these two modules on a system
>> where neither exist? Each of them depends on the other so neither one
>> will install.
> install from the cache tarballs off the ISO. if both these are missing you
> can't fix this without pulling in binaries generated from another system,
> so, using the ISO tarballs is the easiest method.
>
> Auke

That would be wonderful if it would work in this case. I am trying to
update a few selected modules on an old production system that is still
running a 2.4.27 kernel and glibc 2.3.6. Lunar now appears to be
dependent on pkgconfig and won't let me lin anything else until
pkgconfig is installed. Binaries from a newer build won't work on an
older system and the older ISOs don't have the binaries.

After many hours of searching and reading, I did come up with a solution
in case anyone else runs into this problem, install pkgconfig version 0.25.

--Richard