if K button or klauncher is freezing in KDE read this.

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Thu Jun 9 00:57:14 CEST 2011

> On 06/07/2011 04:46 PM, Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have build KDE and to my surprise it keeps freezing for a while on
> > every K button click or icons on menubar. The fix is easy:
> > lrm ConsoleKit PolicyKit
> > (I removed both but only removal of one of them may be enough).
>
> please call this a "workaround". It's obviously not a "fix".
>
> Auke

Yes. This is workaround not fix. BTW I narrowed this down to ConsoleKit
only. PolicyKit is not guilty. lrm ConsoleKit is enough to avoid freezing.

How about adding some kind of protection to kde against ConsoleKit to keep
users away from K menu freezing? For example putting ConsoleKit to
conflicts file of kde? This bug is nasty because there is no error, no
crash nothing. Just freezing for about 1 minute on every K menu access.
Very irritating and making KDE unusable.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski