[resolved - workaround] If lunar update fails to compile qt4

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 28 09:03:02 CEST 2010

/* let's try sending to the list this time.. */

>>> Have you done a lin moonbase within the past couple of days?
>>
>> I should really know this, but...
>> What happens when you do 'lin moonbase' if you are using a moonbase.git?
>> Are 'lin moonbase' and 'cd moonbase.git; git pull' 100% equivalent?

> no
>
> in order to actually work properly with a git moonbase, install the git
> tree somewhere else and run `git pull ; lin moonbase`. This will ensure
> everything works the proper way.
>
> you can not have a git moonbase in /var/lib/lunar/moonbase...

My moonbase.git is not in /var/lib/lunar/moonbase, but after the previous
posts. I was worried that I was missing something. I have only been running
'cd moonbase.git ; git pull' - I didn't realize that I had to 'lin moonbase'
as well, so I probably have been missing something :-)

/me needs to update http://wiki.lunar-linux.org/index.php/GitForLunarDevs

Cheers
D.