Lunar package management inside OpenSUSE

Marek Paśnikowski marekpasnikowski at interia.eu
Sat Sep 4 21:17:10 CEST 2010

Dnia sobota, 4 września 2010 o 20:09:08 napisałeś:
> On 09/04/2010 07:54 AM, Marek Paśnikowski wrote:
> > Hey Guys.
> > Do you remember the question I asked you about inclusion of lunar in
> > other distributions? I had found some time to think other it and came up
> > with an idea. From what I've learned about Linux already, the package
> > manager could be installed like any other package, right? So I would
> > "./configure ->  make -> make install" the source of lunar on my
> > OpenSUSE installation and see what happens next. I guess, a few other
> > files would be needed to copy beforehand, too. Of course, I am perfectly
> > aware that there will be some side effects, like broken zypper package
> > management. The only think I don't know is the exact process of lunar
> > moonbase deployment into the other distribution. Could you provide the
> > instructions, please?
> > PS: I wasn't able to find the source of lunar on the website.
>
> while this is technically possible, currently this will not work and
> lunar will start to overwrite all the opensuse files. Lunar is not yet
> aware of other packaging systems and this will likely never be implemented.
Exactly - I want to "taint" my OpenSUSE with lunar. ;) In next week I will
have new netbook and I want to play with it a little bit before setting up a
stable workspace. Anyway, no risk - no discoveries. I want to research
possibilities of distribution mixing. All I need is lunar source and some
Instructions. After all, I like to learn Linux by breaking it.