Lunar optimize

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Thu Oct 14 03:30:49 CEST 2010

> I agree that native is the correct optimization for any computer that
> compile modules for itself. But my atom also use applications compiled
> by another PC ... so I can't set native the other PC. This may looks
> strange to you but it save me a lot of time :)
>
> I just hope that CPU=native will not be hard-coded in lunar code but
> will remain in optimizations.GCC_4_5 file.
>
> Drew is true ... I should have a look at distcc, I just don't know how
> complicated it is (this is why up to know I share some compiled
> modules between computers).
>
> Guillaume

The smartest setting here will be -march=native -mtune=atom parameters.
Someone should add new menu to optimize: "secondary architecture" to
satisfy those using same Lunar on several machines. Add also the following
text to new menu or similar: "Select another CPU to optimize Lunar not
only for your present CPU but also for other one you actaully use. If you
do not plan to use Lunar on other CPUs than the one selected leave this
option set to off".

The off parameter is default and it simply does not add -mtune to gcc
parameters.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski