Module updates

Chris wasgena at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 7 21:35:46 CEST 2010

On 10/07/2010 01:54 AM, Jean-Michel Bruenn wrote:
> Hello Chris,
>
> thanks for the information - Lunar Linux is a distribution from users
> for users - Please submit updates for the named modules. You'll find
> good information about how to do that at the Wiki on
> www.lunar-linux.org - After your submission is in the queue a
> developer will review and if everything is fine, submit it.

I suppose you are talking about "lvu submit", which would be nice, as it
makes things a little bit easier. I will take a look at the wiki, too.

> If a module wasn't updated, there might be a good reason for it (breaks
> things, isnt officially maintained anymore, etc - you could provide
> information or ask us about such information, before requesting an
> update)
>
>> acpid to version 2.0.6 (http://www.tedfelix.com/linux/acpid-2.0.6.tar.gz)
>
> please try to stick with official download locations - which in this
> case would be http://acpid.sourceforge.net

Hmm, the guy on tedfelix.com claims to be the new maintainer of acpid
(http://www.tedfelix.com/linux/index.html).

Gentoo lists this URL as the homepage for the acpid-package
(http://packages.gentoo.org/package/sys-power/acpid).

Debian adds a patch from tedfelix.com to the "official" acpid-1.0.10
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=462467  --last post),
listed as version 1:2.0.6-1.

This was reason enough for me to ask for an update.

>> xfce4-power-manager to version 0.8.5
>> (http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/xfce4-power-manager/0.8/xfce4-power-manager-0.8.5.tar.bz2)

Thanks for your help,
Chris