problem updating udev

Richard B. Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Tue Mar 2 17:23:38 CET 2010

On 3/2/2010 1:04 AM, Stefan Wold wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 23:08 -0700, Richard B. Pyne wrote:

>>> Could you attach the config.log from udev when it fail? It's obvious
>>> that we missed adding libusb as a dependency, but it should not fail if
>>> you actually installed it.
>>>
>> The config.log is attached.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
> Could you try lin libusb-compat and then give udev a go again please?
Now it is complaining that usbutils is needed even though it is an
optional dependency:

-------------------------------------
checking for LIBUSB... yes
checking for USBUTILS... configure: error: Package requirements
(usbutils >= 0.82) were not met:

No package 'usbutils' found

After selecting to use the optional dependency usbutils, udev builds
without further problem, so, it looks like libusb-compat needs to be
added as a dependency, usbutils needs to be made a required dependency,
and the udev developers taken out and flogged for making things required
that are not otherwise needed in many instances.