Can't boot into Lunar

v4hn me at v4hn.de
Mon Jun 28 14:50:13 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 01:40:32PM +0100, sharon farley wrote:
> I have installed Lunar onto a partition of my external HD but did not
> install a bootloader as I have configured the boot menu in Lynx.
>
> When I try to boot the whole system simply reboots to the Lynx Grub2 menu.
>
> Should I have installed Grub to the partition - I didn't think it was
> necessary?

Do you mean _Lucid Lynx Ubuntu_ Grub2?
This one does look for other partitions containing grub-configurations
and adds them automatically. So either you configure the lunar-kernel
manually in Ubuntu grub2, or add a correct grub-configuration for your lunar-
kernel on the lunar partition and rerun update-grub in ubuntu.

v4hn