Xorg question

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 24 12:50:17 CEST 2010

> I did a lin xorg-server and saw that xorg-1.8.2 was installed.
> But when I do startx i get a message that startx is not found.
> What is de command in Lunar to start X.

There is a module called XOrg7 that is a "profile" or dummy
module that pulls in most of the individual modules that make
up the complete XOrg7 suite. xorg-server is just one part.

So you should really "lin XOrg7", and then any additional drivers.
which you can find in /var/lib/lunar/moonbase/xorg7/driver
or run "lvu section xorg7/driver"

Note that there are a lot of X11 related modules that don't
fall under the xorg7 umbrella, eg xterm, xhost spring to mind.
Again, you can explore under /var/lib/lunar/moonbase or check
out the modules page:  http://modules.lunar-linux.org/index.php
although the modules page is maybe not completely up to date.

Remember too that "lvu search", "lvu info" and "lvu what" are
really handy for finding out more about available modules...

D.