failure tryint to lin anything

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sun Aug 15 02:44:38 CEST 2010

> Please help. I'm stuck with a machine unusable because of several
> broken modules because of what sis update before this problem showed
> up.
>
> I am trying to update a machine. Most of the "lunar update" went fine,
> but now I am getting:
>
> /var/lib/lunar/functions/locking.lunar: line 34:
> /var/state/lunar/packages.backup.14479: No space left on device
> You don't have permission to access
> /var/state/lunar/packages.backup.14479

Check if there is no files with crazy names or numbers at the end.
My 32bit Lunar has these files:
ls /var/state/lunar
blacklist.Alpha
blacklist.SPARC
depends
depends.cache
module.index
packages.backup
blacklist.PowerPC
blacklist.x86
depends.backup
packages

If any of them is more than 1MB size look at it if it is not corrupted.
All these files should be pure text only. No binary data or strange
characters.
The /var/state/lunar directory and files should be writable by root.
Check this /var for filesystem errors (fsck command)

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski