***SPAM*** Re: Submit of "git"

Christian Riggenbach criggenbach at magahugu.net
Sat Oct 10 15:55:07 CEST 2009

On Sunday 04 October 2009 01.47:41 Auke Kok wrote:
> Christian Riggenbach wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have accidently submitted a patch for "git". The patch would be
> > correct, but the description is empty and a backup file of the download
> > plugin is still present.
> >
> > FYI, this patch would be an extension of the download plugin for git://
> > urls, so it can use "git checkout" (branches/tag/commits) and submodules
> > in the repositories. A more deep description of the functionality and
> > use-case would be in the submitted patch.
> >
> > The default answer of "lvu submit" is "y" (so the timeout can auto-submit
> > patches). I think this should be changed to "n", just to prevent others
> > to make the same mistake.
>
> send a patch! ;)
>
> Auke

And here comes the patch for the git-module.

This patch enables the modules to use every 'checkoutable' branch/tag/commit
for
their sources. Also the modules can use submodules. Submodules are external
git
repositories embedded (but independely managed) in their source-tree. [1]

To use it, just append a colon (":") and the ref, like this (from the DETAILS
of the soon to be commited module "cgit", using a tag):

====
          MODULE=cgit
         VERSION=v0.8.3
          SOURCE=$MODULE.tar.bz2
      SOURCE_URL=git://hjemli.net/pub/git/cgit:$VERSION
SOURCE_DIRECTORY=$BUILD_DIRECTORY/$MODULE
====

When the "-git" modules would be altered as this one, a simple call of
"lin -w BRANCH/TAG/COMMIT MODULE" would be sufficient to install the
desired flavour.

Additionally, I corrected a few typos.

--
mit freundlichem Gruss