Do not build openoffice-src when dpkg module is installed - install will fail

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sat Oct 10 02:26:42 CEST 2009

Hello,

do not build openoffice-src when dpkg module is installed - install will fail.
When epm - the install tool for openoffice-src will find dpkg tool (which is installed by dpkg module) instead of making file tree for Lunar installer it will auto pack everything to deb packages and tar.gz files. Lunar installer will not find file tree to install and will fail.
If you lrm dpkg before lining openoffice-src all will go fine, without error. You can lin dpkg after openoffice-src installation to keep using dpkg.

If I find plenty of time for building OO again I will patch epm installer so it will not find dpkg anymore to fix build problem.
If you would like fix it - feel free to do it. The install fail begins at line 103 of module's BUILD script file:
  cd instsetoo_native/unxlngi6.pro/OpenOffice/native/install/en-US/linux-2.6-intel/buildroot/opt &&
because when deb files are built the directory structure is different and above directory path can not be entered into.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski