firefox2 module should be removed from moonbase

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sat Jun 27 14:55:37 CEST 2009

Hello,

firefox2 is old and dangerous because it is not security patched anymore.
Mozilla abandoned it in favour of firefox 3. I would like to remove firefox2
from moonbase due to security reasons (nobody should use it anymore).

1. If you have any application which uses firefox2 engine you can switch to
seamonkey module which uses the same engine like firefox2 (and library files).
Only GUI is different. Seamonkey is up to date and secure.

2. If you really have to use firefox2 move it to zlocal so it will be still
available for you when it will be removed from moonbase. Tell me if any
application requires it - I will try to help you with conversion to firefox 3
or seamonkey.

I'm going to remove firefox2 after 30 days since today if Lunar developers
will not decide otherwise.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski