Not able to start X as normal user

unni krishnan unnikrishnan.a at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 23:46:09 CET 2009

Hi

I am getting following error when starting X as normal user :

Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.27.10 i686
Current Operating System: Linux host.webofunni.com 2.6.27.10 #1 SMP PREEMPT
Wed Dec 24 21:37:14 CET 2008 i686
(WW) xf86ReadBIOS: Failed to open /dev/mem (Operation not permitted)
(WW) xf86OpenConsole: chown /dev/tty7 failed: Operation not permitted
(WW) xf86OpenConsole: chown /dev/tty0 failed: Operation not permitted
xf86EnableIOPorts: failed to set IOPL for I/O (Operation not permitted)

I am able to start X as root and using xfce as desktop interface. Please
help.

--
With regards,

"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle"