Changes to gcc plugin

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sat Dec 19 03:01:13 CET 2009

Hello,

I have just commited to moonbase improved gcc plugin. You do not have to lin gcc to start using it.
Just after lunar update do:
cp -f /var/lib/lunar/moonbase/compilers/gcc/plugin.d/optimize-gcc_4_4.plugin /var/lib/lunar/plugins
then use lunar command to reconfigure your optimization flags.

The changes are only for gcc 4.4 and add the following features to Option->Optimize Architecture->GCC_4_4:
*CPU selection:
autodetect - you do not have to know your CPU anymore or remember to reconfigure Lunar after CPU upgrade. Autodetect checks CPU before compilation begins and auto chooses best CPU specific architecture and instruction sets (like mmx, sse, 3dnow abm etc...) for you.
This is safe and recommended choice.

new CPUs:
core2 - Intel Core2 processors

k8-sse3
opteron-sse3  these are AMD K8 family CPUs with SSE3 instruction set. This family began with Venice core.
athlon64-sse3

amdfam10  these are AMD K10 family CPUs with SSE4a and ABM plus other minor instructions. These CPUs do NOT have Intel SSSE3 or SSE4.1/4.2.
barcelona

*CPU extensions -added what I found in my AMD Phenom:
popcnt
SSE4A
ABM
and initial support for the rest (do not have recent Intel CPU can not verify):
SSSE3
SSE4
SSE4.1
SSE4.2
SSE5
AVX
AES
PCLMUL

*Floating point optimizations:
changed 'x387,sse' parameter to 'both' because comma sign between x387 and sse word caused compilation break in some modules.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski