GIT: warning message about "updating currently checked out branch" and why you should care

Terry Chan tpchan at comcast.net
Sat Apr 18 15:39:31 CEST 2009

This all gets back to when we first switched over to using git and I warned many
of you about creating your repo's that you want to push to as "bare". Some of
you heeded my advice and some not. For those that didn't then you need to read
this URL:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/738154/what-does-git-updating-currently-checkout-out-branch-warning-mean

Basically sometime in the near future git will NOT allow you to push to repo's
that are not bare.

I've tried to make sure the main lunar repo fits these requirements. Hopefully
this hasn't broken some esoteric script running on doppio, that needed a
non-bare repo.

Terry Chan