php5 imap question

Jon South striker at lunar-linux.org
Tue Oct 21 00:12:43 CEST 2008

rpyne at kinfolk.org wrote:
> php (php4) has an IMAP support option, but php5 does not. Can someone
> explain how to get IMAP support with php5?

It was removed because the imap tarball changes about every 5 days (I'm
exaggerating of course), not to mention they immediately delete old
tarballs causing all of our php modules to fail until they are checked
and updated. Everytime this happens, we get numerous complaints about
the php modules, so it was removed. Also note, imap functionality is
available via pear packages.

-Striker