1.6.4-beta1 (i686 & x86_64) ISO released
ratler at lunar-linux.org
Wed Oct 15 18:18:05 CEST 2008
HEAR, HEAR! Lunar Linux 1.6.4-beta1 codename 'Lacus Autumni' just became
available, so grab it while it's hot!
We encourage everyone to give the latest ISO a test spin, your feedback
is invaluable to us. With your help we will make Lunar even better!
We know it has been a long wait for a new ISO to become available that
fixes all the problems using the old ISO's, so wait no further! The
1.6.4 stable release is just around the corner and we hope it will
please everyone. As mentioned in our previous announcement XOrg and
Xfce4 had to be removed from the ISO, as it was just not worth the
effort to maintain them. Instead we can put that effort into further
improving our installer and ISO quality.
New features in 1.6.4
* Working software raid configuration
* Improved language selection
* Installation from a USB stick or other media
* Ships with kernel 2.6.27!
* ReiserFS, XFS and JFS are now also built-in with the precompiled
Please try the new ISO and give us feedback through the bugtracker. You
can also inform us directly on IRC and via our mailing lists, though the
bug tracker is preferred.
Summary of changes since 1.6.4-alpha3:
* Fixed an issue with swap partitions showing up twice in fstab if more
than one was added
* Added a feature to list what filesystem type you chose for the
* We now disable /tmp on tmpfs if the user add a /tmp partition
* Precompiled kernels will now get registered as installed
* As mentioned the default kernel config now includes xfs, jfs and
reiserfs as built-in
* Software raid fixes
* All modules refreshed
* Kernel 2.6.27 added
* Module freetype2 removed
* A few 'luser' bugs were fixed that caused various issues creating
groups for a new user
* A 'lservices' bug fixed, it's now again possible to enable/disable
Lunar Linux developer - PGP public key 6E810F05
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/lunar/attachments/20081015/50e12cfd/attachment.bin
More information about the Lunar