problem compiling openoffice-src: javac reports errors

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sun May 4 12:57:32 CEST 2008

Sunday 04 of May 2008 06:45:33 Bernd Kosmahl wrote:
> Hi,
> I was going to lin openoffice-src but it fails with errors in java. I'm
> sort of clueless what to do now.

I made patch for openoffice-src module which fixes java bug.
This is working patch. It is not commited to moonbase yet because needs some
final polishing and final testing (probably will be done in next weekend). If
you will use it let me know your comments/results.

Why OO breaks on java and what my patch fixes:
OpenOffice will not compile with java > 1.5.0 - this is the reason of
compilation error. My patch provides java 1.5.0 exclusively for OO only at
compilation time to let OO compile without java errors.
Later, at runtime any OO version works very well with java 1.6.0.

have a nice day,
Zbigniew Luszpinski