notebook with lunar?

Kok, Auke sofar at foo-projects.org
Wed Mar 12 17:40:46 CET 2008

Jean-Michel Brünn wrote:
> possibly stupid question,
>
> i looked at some documentation when striker said "RTFM" but i found nothing, could someone point me to a man page or maybe a kernel documentation how i would try a suspend to ram suspend?
>
> or could someone send me some informations how to do so? i've enabled it in kernel, what do i have to do now?

either your distro/desktop has to provide an interface to this:

- closing your laptop display lid to cause a suspend
- a button somewhere in your desktop

or you can do it manually by doing either

- echo -n disk > /sys/power/state (for suspend to disk / aka hibernate)
- echo -n mem > /sys/power/state (for suspend to memory)

also, you'll need to add the `resume=/dev/sdaN` option to your boot loader so that
linux can resume from that partition if you chose suspend to disk.

all the docs are under /usr/src/linux/Documentation/power/

Auke