notebook with lunar?

Jean-Michel Bruenn jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de
Tue Mar 4 11:45:01 CET 2008

Hello,

i have a little cute notebook, someone experienced problems with one of
the following things with lunar? (do i need additional drivers, is the
iso cd kernel supporting my devices, do i need to load special drivers
within the installer, if yes which one, etc) - Do i have to look at
something? I never used Linux on a notebook...

AMD Turion 64 x2 Mobile TL-60 (2.0 Ghz, 2x 512kb l2 cache)
Geforce 8600M GS 512 MB (up to 1280 MB Turbo Cache)
2 GB DDR2
15.4"WXGA Acer Crystalbrite LCD (8ms/220-nit)
250 GB HDD (WD2500BEVS-22UST0 ATA Device)
DVD-Super Multi DL (HL-DL-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N ATA Device)
802.11b/g WLAN (Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter)
Realteak High definition Audio

and some special things:
Acer Crystal Eye webcam
Ricoh Memory stick controller
ricoh sd/mmc host controller
Ricoh xD-Picture Card Controller
Alps pointing-device (this touchpad)
HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP

It's an Acer Aspire 5520G