ASUS P5E WS Professional MB w/ Marvell 88SE6145 HD controller

Moritz Heiber moe at lunar-linux.org
Sun Jun 22 03:08:21 CEST 2008

ASUS does provide some kind of driver package. The instructions are
pretty akward. However, you might want to give those a try. Since their
download servers are incredibly slow I put the driver package up at

http://lunar-linux.org/~moe/LinuxDrivers.zip

Happy hacking!

Regards,

Moritz

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 03:01:18 +0200
Moritz Heiber <moe at lunar-linux.org> wrote:

> I think pata_marvell at least supports the IDE part of the controller.
>
> I don't know about SATA though .. Its supposed to be a AHCI compatible
> controller I think. Did you try to enable AHCI support yet?
>
> Regards,
>
> Moritz
>
> On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 18:02:37 -0600
> "Richard Pyne" <rpyne at kinfolk.org> wrote:
>
> > Has anyone been able to get this to work with linux. The motherboard
> > has two HD controllers, and Intel ICH9R and the Marvell. The Intel
> > seems to work fine, but the Marvell isn't recognized by the kernel
> > (Lunar 1.6.1-64)
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --Richard

GPG public key B189E8C8