Grub broken.

Kok, Auke sofar at foo-projects.org
Tue Aug 12 22:16:57 CEST 2008

Chris Andrew wrote:
> Looks something like this:
>
> 3         0       19931184        hda
> 3         1       104391           hda1 (should be /boot)
> 3         2       19824210       hda2 (should be /)
> 3         64      4124736        hdb
> 3         65      987966          hdb1 (should be /home)
> 3         66      3132675        hdb2 (should be swap)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris.
>

> 2008/8/12 Kok, Auke <sofar at foo-projects.org>:
>> Chris Andrew wrote:
>>> "This device apparently does not exist".
>>>
>>> Does anyone know why this has happened?  I'm reluctant to do a long
>>> install just to replicate the error.
>> cat /proc/partitions ?

please, top-quote - I have totally lost my train of thought. you completely mess
up the history this way, which is frankly making it unpleasant for me to help you.

you said before that fsck.ext3 -n /dev/hda2 fails with "does not exist", which
seems weird. Is /dev/ filled with device nodes and does /dev/hda2 in place?

Auke