USB missing in connect.lunar

Chris Andrew cjhandrew at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 11:51:51 CEST 2008

Hi, everyone.

I'm new to Lunar and the list and am just doing my first install.

The spare box I am using, connects to my router via a USB port, not
eth0.  I managed to get networking set-up with the help of 'dagbrown'
(many thanks).

I noticed that /var/lib/lunar/functions/connect.lunar tries different
network options, but seems to be missing USB[1-9].  I placed this in
the file manually, and my USB network connection worked perfectly.

Unfortuantely, when I ran lin moonbase
(http://www.lunar-linux.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=58&Itemid=1),
my USB option was removed.  I guess the file was updated/ replaced.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to make the USB addition
persistent, so that when I do future updates, I won't lose my network
connection?

Should this be filed as a bug (improvement)?

Anyway, looks like a great distro.

Many thanks,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/