Python modules / setuptools

Vlad Glagolev stelzy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 18:41:00 CEST 2007

Ok. Adding setuptools to moonbase broke our all python modules
(if they were installed _AFTER_ setuptools).

So the installation path looks like this (example of Pygments):
	/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Pygments-0.9.egg-info/pygments/...
and this is completely wrong.

The way to fix it -- just add --root flag to the install stage:
we need to make a such replacement:
	"s:install:install\ --root=\/:"
for the every module which is built by python
(python/* and something else in the other sections (like trac, etc.))

Then the path will be correct:
	/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pygments/...

Already submitted such fixes for setuptools and Pygments, but:
we need to do it for the *EVERY* python module. That's all.

--
Cheerz,
Vlad / Stelz