patch for the verify* plugins, a new plugin to update modules

Christian Riggenbach criggenbach at magahugu.net
Thu Oct 4 22:36:29 CEST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2007 00.07:14 schrieb Christian Riggenbach:
> Am Mittwoch, 3. Oktober 2007 23.03:26 schrieb Kok, Auke:
> > Christian Riggenbach wrote:
> > > hi list
> > >
> > > i have written a little addition to the two verification plugins. this
> > > two patches produces a comment and the correct sha1/md5 sum when a
> > > module is located in zlocal and has a wrong checksum. they can, after a
> > > controll question, write it directly with sedit into the DETAILS file.
> > > it's handy when you just change the version and forget to alter also
> > > the sha1/md5 sum or just to update the module without wan't to
> > > calculate the sums by hand.
> > >
> > > additionaly i have created a new plugin to update modules. it's just a
> > > simple update of VERSION, UPDATED and SOURCE_VFY without the
> > > multiple-sources-problem solved. a have modified lin to accept
> > > the -u/--update switch.
> > >
> > > i have added it to lin, because this function is to be used with the
> > > --want switch. it is a POST-BUILD plugin, so  you can be sure that the
> > > module compiles.
> > >
> > > the new plugin is just a suggestion to an update function. i think that
> > > locating it in lin isn't the right joice, but with this plugin you can
> > > lining and updating a module in one step ('lin -uw VERSION MODULE').
> > >
> > > my editor removes automaticaly all spaces on the end of a line, so the
> > > diffs contains a bit more than the changes i made.
> >
> > I've thought about this, and what I'd like to see:
> >
> > 1) plain text patch files attached please - no tarballs, just post the
> > diffs :)
> >
> > 2) can you write this so that it generates a zlocal module ? this would
> > allow the user to quickly `lvu submit` the changes back to us.
> >
> > If you get this to work I'm very inclined to merge it quickly ;)
> >
> > Auke
>
> it performs the following tasks, as described in the plugin :) :
>
> makes a 'lvu edit' with the funktion edit_module_update(). i take it
> from 'lvu' and change it slighly.
> edit the DETAILS file: update UPDATED, VERSION and SOURCE_VFY
>
> all the user have to do is check the DETAILS again and submit it.

hi list

i have found a little bug in module-update.plugin: i have switched -z with -n
in an "if [  ]".

i also added my name and the date to the header of verify-{md5,sha1}.plugin

a question: should i add an option to convert the checksum from md5 to sha1?
or just force sha1?

--
mit freundlichem Gruss

Christian Riggenbach