patch for the verify* plugins, a new plugin to update modules

Kok, Auke sofar at foo-projects.org
Wed Oct 3 23:03:26 CEST 2007

Christian Riggenbach wrote:
> hi list
>
> i have written a little addition to the two verification plugins. this two
> patches produces a comment and the correct sha1/md5 sum when a module is
> located in zlocal and has a wrong checksum. they can, after a controll
> question, write it directly with sedit into the DETAILS file. it's handy when
> you just change the version and forget to alter also the sha1/md5 sum or just
> to update the module without wan't to calculate the sums by hand.
>
> additionaly i have created a new plugin to update modules. it's just a simple
> update of VERSION, UPDATED and SOURCE_VFY without the
> multiple-sources-problem solved. a have modified lin to accept
> the -u/--update switch.
>
> i have added it to lin, because this function is to be used with the --want
> switch. it is a POST-BUILD plugin, so  you can be sure that the module
> compiles.
>
> the new plugin is just a suggestion to an update function. i think that
> locating it in lin isn't the right joice, but with this plugin you can lining
> and updating a module in one step ('lin -uw VERSION MODULE').
>
> my editor removes automaticaly all spaces on the end of a line, so the diffs
> contains a bit more than the changes i made.

I've thought about this, and what I'd like to see:

1) plain text patch files attached please - no tarballs, just post the diffs :)

2) can you write this so that it generates a zlocal module ? this would allow the
user to quickly `lvu submit` the changes back to us.

If you get this to work I'm very inclined to merge it quickly ;)

Auke