lin ion-2 does not work; line w3m does not work

Duncan Gibson duncan at thermal.esa.int
Mon May 14 16:46:28 CEST 2007

> Please let me know if this is not the sort of message that belongs on
> this list, and where I should post it instead.  "lin ion-2" fails due,
> apparently, to its asking for the tarball by an incorrect name.  The
> correct name is ion-2-20040729.tar.gz.

In this case it's a relatively simple problem that you can resolve
yourself by creating your own version of the module in your "zlocal"
section of the moonbase, updating the tarball name (and probably the
checksum) in the DETAILS file, and then using "lin" to install it.
Once you've got it to install correctly you can submit the updated
module for the devs to check and include in the official moonbase.
See http://wiki.lunar-linux.org/index.php/Module_Submission

If you can't resolve the problem yourself, you should raise a bug
report via http://bugs.lunar-linux.org/view_all_bug_page.php

Cheers
Duncan