new lunar user problems

Duncan Gibson duncan at thermal.esa.int
Mon May 7 09:09:46 CEST 2007

cesar l. wrote:

> I'm new in lunar.
Welcome aboard :-)

> [...] I received a 404 error, with [...]. I can't find a working url
> for this :/ and not finished the installation. In this cases, what I
> have to do? Editing DETAILS file is a poor solution.

If the source url in the DETAILS file contains a generic name for a
series of mirror sites, you can change the particular mirror using 'lunar'
and try again. Or you can look in /etc/lunar/mirrors and choose a new
mirror to use, and then use 'wget' to try to download the url directly.

If it's not a generic mirror name, then you could google for the tarball
on some third party site such as a university, and use 'wget' to download.

You might need to 'lin wget' first though :-)

Cheers
Duncan / engelsman