Some modules (was Re: monotone revision control system)

goran@krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Mon Mar 26 11:59:01 CEST 2007

Hi!

"Kok, Auke" <sofar at foo-projects.org> wrote:
> goran at krampe.se wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > lazyape <lazyape at freemail.gr> wrote:
> >> hello people. i am a newbie and as long as i have searched i haven't found other release from monotone. so test it from
> >> http://www.softnet.tuc.gr/~gxatzipavlis/lunar-linux/
> >> it needs boost library
> >
> > I am not so super active now in Lunar, but I have a bunch of modules
> > posted "outside" of the moonbase here:
> >
> > 	http://darcs.krampe.se/zlocal
> >
> > Now, I also experimented with using darcs (which I prefer instead of
> > monotone btw)
>
> I trump your monotone/darcs pair with git. and it's also in moonbase ;)
>
> Cheers,
>

> Auke

Yeah, git is probably nice I guess (using cogito) - haven't had the
opportunity to try it yet.
Btw, yesterday I looked through and upgraded my modules at
http://darcs.krampe.se/zlocal

These are now up to date which I use:
	acerhk (I needed to access the hw radio switch for my Zepto)
	ghc (Haskell compiler - this one takes forever to build btw)
	darcs (depends on ghc, awesome distributed SCM, includes plugin for
Lunar)
	darcs-darcs (darcs directly from the darcs repo of darcs)
	squeak (the Squeak VM)
	rdiff-backup (neat incremental backup)
		librsync (used by rdiff-backup)
	rsnapshot (neat incremental backup, also rsync based)

And the following I don't use myself but I have for some odd reason
maintained them anyway and they are up to date:
	monotone (I guess a good SCM)
	chicken (a funky scheme that compiles via C)
	bigloo (a fast lisp compiler)
	retroforth (a tiny but pretty cool forth)
	gst (GNU Smalltalk)
	slate (a stalled Smalltalkish language)
	slate-darcs

I am also in the process of upgrading io and idst. I will probably
remove jdk and cvs2darcs-darcs.

On the subject of distributed SCMs, I have tried tracking available
tools for quite some time and always seem to find my way to Darcs but
today I found this blog entry:
http://chneukirchen.org/blog/archive/2006/04/my-dvcs-wishlist.html

...and who knows, given that it is probably time to try out especially
Cogito and Mercurial. And possibly Bazaar-NG.

regards, Göran

PS. Still no interest in setting up something like
http://swiki.krampe.se/gohu/33  for Lunar?