Upcoming: update gcc to 4.1.2 in moonbase, gcc3 module for fallback

crypticreign crypticreign at pi.cx
Thu Mar 15 01:56:49 CET 2007

On Mar 11, 2007, at 9:59 PM, Kok, Auke wrote:

> I intend to update gcc to version 4.1.2 within the week. As far as
> I can see,
> there are no blocking bugs that prevent a normal system from
> working just fine
> with this new version, and most of the developers have already been
> running
> their entire systems on gcc-4.x for a loooong time.
>
> For those who wish to stay on gcc-3.x, there will be a gcc3 module
> available
> from tomorrow or so that you can install at any time to prevent gcc
> from being
> updated to 4.1.2. the gcc3 module will replace the current 'gcc'
> module as the
> default if you install it (it will uninstall the 'gcc' module) but
> work exacly
> the same.

Are there any measures we need to take before installing gcc-4 on a
gcc-3 system?  Anything afterwards?  WIll anything break?  Is there a
list of modules we will need to recompile (if there are any) ?

TIA for answering my questions.

- --
-cr

And 1.1.81 is officially BugFree(tm), so if you receive any bug-
reports on it, you know they are just evil lies. -- Linus Torvalds